BayWa r.e. renewable energy GmbH
Solar farm Great Glemham, United Kingdom.
Wind farm Campomaggiore, Italy.
Biogas plant Pliening, Germany.
Geothermal power plant Dürrnhaar, Germany.
Wind farm Gunzenhausen, Germany.
With more than 800 employees, BayWa r.e. is among the leading international providers in the renewable energy sector. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of BayWa AG headquartered in Munich, BayWa r.e. functions as a holding company for a number of companies in the business segments of wind power, solar power, bio power and geothermal power. The many years of experience in the renewable energy sector, coupled with a range of services covering all essential areas, benefits customers and business partners in equal measure. The company's business today focuses on the core markets of Europe and the United States.
A specialist in the development, planning, financing, construction, operational management and maintenance of renewable energy systems, BayWa r.e. is a highly regarded, experienced partner. BayWa r.e. sets itself the goal of reconciling the technical and economic requirements of each new project, ensuring that the systems meet the most stringent requirements and achieve a good long-term yield. Among the core competences of BayWa r.e. are planning, realising and financing megawatt-class plants, operation and marketing the energy they produce. The range also includes specialised services, such as maintenance and repair of rotor blades. BayWa r.e. is one of the largest system providers of PV plants in Europe, supplying everything needed by a PV plant and using only products of the highest quality.
Project development and turnkey plant construction
BayWa r.e. has developed or realised wind parks, biopower and geothermal power plants with an installed output of more than 1 GW. Its partners include not only municipalities, local developers, energy cooperatives, but also institutional customers. Alongside the development and realisation of its own projects, BayWa r.e. also provides turnkey construction of plants as a service for third parties. Its range of services covers:
- Greenfield development
- Site analyses and appraisals
- Securing properties
- Licence planning and detailed design
- Turnkey construction as general contractor
- Project management
- Preliminary and bridge-over financing
- Project structuring and financing
- Substrate trade and raw materials management for biogas plants.
As owner and service provider for fund companies, banks, international investment companies and citizens' energy cooperatives, BayWa r.e. takes care of the technical and commercial management of wind and solar projects with an installed output of around 700 MW. The range of services includes:
- Multilingual headquarters running three shifts and on call 24/7
- Optimisation of energy availability
- Multi-vendor capable operational management system
- Checks and immediate fault elimination
- Medium and high voltage maintenance work
- Tests and inspections in accordance with BGV A3 (German Trade Association provisions)
- Documentation and reporting throughout the entire life span of the project
- Commercial management
- Representation and assertion of operators' interests.
Maintenance and plant optimisation
As a certified, multi-vendor capable service provider, BayWa r.e. renders a wide range of services for the optimisation and maintenance of wind power plants of all types and power classes:
- Rotor blade assessment
- Maintenance and repair of rotor blades
- Storage and provision of replacement blade sets
- Design, production and repair of glass fibre reinforced plastic (GRP) components
- Cleaning and sealing rotor blades
- Tower cleaning and corrosion prevention
- Rotor blade optimisation to enhance the performance of the plants (e-ro®)
- Plant demolition
- Disposal and recycling of rotor blades and GRP components
- Heavy haulage and warehouse logistics.
Planning and consultancy
BayWa r.e. offers comprehensive technical consultancy and planning services for renewable energy products, including:
- Due diligence reports
- Project management
- Expert assessments of energy yield and emissions
- Feasibility studies
- Licence planning and management
- Detailed engineering and construction supervision.
As one of the largest system providers of PV plants in Europe, BayWa r.e. supplies everything a PV plant needs. The spectrum of products and services covers:
- Selection of high-quality branded solar modules, inverters and storage solutions
- Proprietary and TÜV-certified mounting system Novotegra
- Comprehensive consulting for plant planning and layout, as well as economic viability calculations
- On-site initial assembly support
- Wide range of services for installers and specialised tradesmen
- Partner programme with sales support measures
- Comprehensive range of seminars on technical and industry issues
- Warehousing and logistics
- Short delivery lead times and on-time delivery directly to the construction site.
Direct marketing and control energy marketing
For producers of electricity from wind, solar, biomass and geothermal power plants, BayWa r.e. offers to market EEG electricity (in accordance with the German Renewable Energy Sources Act) within the framework of the market
bonus scheme as well as participation in the control energy market. BayWa r.e. is a competent partner for optimising renewable energy plants and integrating them into the electricity market:
- Marketing and structuring of electricity from renewable energy to the electricity exchanges
- Trading in electricity by means of a virtual power plant consisting of wind, PV, biogas/biomethane CHP, hydropower and geothermal power plants
- Support and monitoring of the prequalification phase for participation in the control energy market
- Structuring of the tender process of plant capacities with the transmission system operators for the provision of control energy
- Implementation of the control signals of the transmission system operators by way of a virtual power plant for the called pool capacities.
Biomethane trade and sale of green energy
As a leading biomethane trader with a trade volume of more than 1 TWh per year, BayWa r.e. is a major player in the CHP, heat and fuel market. Furthermore, BayWa r.e. provides private, commercial and industrial customers all over Germany with green electricity and gas. Re-distributors and users of domestic and local electricity profit from the competence of BayWa r.e. in the energy business with tailored energy supply concepts. The range of services includes:
- Trade in biomethane to physical meter points as well as to virtual trading points in all German market regions (also separate accounting)
- Serving the CHP, heat and fuel markets
- Change of supplier process, market communication and accounting grid management
- Trade with accounting grid flexibility and administration of biomethane guarantees of origin in the dena biogas register
- Certified green electricity and gas product portfolio with Germany-wide distribution.
Private consumption solutions
The direct use of renewable wind and solar power is not only the future of the energy supply, but in many cases an economical alternative to procuring electricity from the gird for bulk consumers and private households. The electricity is supplied right where it is needed without any long, expensive transmission networks or high transport losses. For industry, trade and commerce with a high electricity consumption during the day, photovoltaics is
particularly the means of choice for achieving a substantial reduction of energy costs.
From feasibility studies to financing up to distribution of unused energy, BayWa r.e offers everything from a single source and is a reliable partner for investors, industry and commerce in all aspects of private electric power supply:
- Concepts for optimising private wind and solar plants
- Leasing models for commercial and industrial customers
- Tailored offers for private customers in cooperation with municipal utility companies
- Development and provision of tailored product and distribution solutions for privately generated green electricity and gas for re-distributors and energy cooperatives
- Concepts for a private supply of electricity from renewable sources in area networks.
Together with the experienced employees of BayWa r.e., many customers and business partners have already found the right solution for their business success. Backed by the respectability of BayWa AG, BayWa r.e. is also a reliable partner for the long term.